Our child minding facilities provide parents the option to keep fit while we take care of the kids!
Our supervised childminding areas allow children to enjoy their time in a fun and safe environment, with our qualified and experienced staff on hand to provide a stimulating outlet with lots of activities – including painting, play dough, puzzles, stories, and lots of arts and crafts.
Child minding is available for children 8 weeks – 6 Years on the following days and times:
|Fairfield Leisure Centre|
|Monday – Friday:||9.15am – 11.45am|
|Prairiewood Leisure Centre|
|Monday – Friday:||9.15am – 11.45am|
|Monday - Wednesday||5.30pm - 9.00pm|
|Children up to the age of 10 can be booked in to the evening session|
|Child Minding Fees |
(as of 1 July, 2016)
|Members||$3.00 per child 20 Visit Pass - $35.00|
|Casuals||$5.00 for first child $4.00 per child for 2nd child or any additional children 10 Visit Pass - $35.00|
- Child minding is available to children of members and casual users of the Centre(s) during the hours advertised on the current Group Fitness Timetable – times are subject to change.
- Morning Child Minding is available for children aged 8 weeks – 6 years.
- Evening Child Minding is available for children aged 8 weeks – 10 years.
- The ratio of carers to children is 1:12 – with a maximum of three (3) children under the age of 18 months permitted to be booked into a session.
- Parent/Guardian is to fill out a Child Minding application form for each child wishing to be booked into care and given to the minder on the child’s first visit. This must include a copy of a current immunisation form.
- Child minding is booked on a ‘first come, first served basis’ as numbers are limited.
- Morning Child Minding must be pre-booked and may only be booked up to one week in advance.
- Evening Child Minding can be booked up to one week in advance and no later than 3pm of the same day.
- Evening Child Minding will only take place if there are three or more children. Parents who have already booked their child(ren) in, will be notified by 4pm if Child Minding is cancelled for the evening.
- Casual users must pay the appropriate casual rate per child as per the current fees & charges.
- Members may only book their own children into child minding.
- The childcare assistant is responsible for the booking register during shift. Outside these hours, customer service officers are to log the booking (i.e. parents are not to complete the register).
- Parents must give at least two (2) hours notice if wishing to cancel a booking for their child(ren). Failing to give at least two (2) hours notice will incur a $5.00 fee (payable on your next visit to the Centre). Members will be placed on default, and not allowed to utilise the Centre, until fine is paid.
- If a child does fall sick within the two (2) hours of their booking, a doctor’s certificate must be provided to avoid the $5.00 cancellation fee being paid.
- Parents must collect a booking/payment receipt from Customer Service reception and present it to the Child minding worker.
- Parents/guardians must strictly adhere to the advertised Child Minding hours.
- All children must be signed in by their parent/guardian on arrival to the child minding room and signed out when departing. Please ensure you fill in all details requested on the form.
- When arriving and leaving the crèche (childminding) room, please ensure you inform the staff.
- Authorised persons only nominated on the Child Minding application form ID section will be permitted to collect the child.
- Children will only be able to departure with the parent whom signed them in on arrival, unless prior arrangements have been made in writing.
- Parents are not permitted to leave the Centre whilst their child/ren are in Child Minding.
- Please ensure all children’s possessions are clearly labelled, including food and drinks. If your child is on medication, please ensure that you complete the Medication Authorisation booklet.
- Medication is to be given to the staff member on duty and not to be left in the child’s bag.
- In case your child’s nappy requires changing, you will be called from your activity to change it.
- The Child Minder has the right to refuse any child who is sick or appears to have any illness/condition that may be transferred to other patrons/children.
- In case of an accident, the parent will be notified as soon as possible. Further medical assistance will be sought by staff of Fairfield City Leisure Centres if deemed necessary. NOTE: Ambulance fees / medical fees will be the responsibility of the parent of the injured child.
- Please be aware that the following food items will not be permitted in the childminding room:
Seafood (all fish products such as tuna, salmon, prawns, calamari and crab), eggs, all nuts, Peanut Butter and Nutella.
This is consistent with childcare centres throughout NSW and is essential in the prevention of Anaphylaxis reaction from some children.